Welcome to the ICD Track Team Information Page
2018 and 2019 CYC CHAMPIONS
Congratulations to a great group of hard working kids!
Once again the ICD Track Team were CYC Champions!
Top 5 Teams Point Rankings:
1. Immaculate Conception-Dardenne 267.50
2. Ascension 201
3. St Margaret of Scotland 193
4. St Peter-Kirkwood 177
5. St Gabriel the Archangel 157.50
The 2019 team had 6 individual champions along with 4 relay champions. In 2019 the team also set 18 new team records!
2020 Track Team Information:
Please make note of the following: If your kid(s) participates in track, you are making the following commitment.
-Your kid(s) will compete in at least 1 if not both of the pre CYC meets.
-If your kid(s) entered the qualifying meet on May 2nd and qualify for finals, they will be a the final meet on Saturday, May 16th.
The Immaculate Conception Dardenne Track and Field team started in 2010, and is a member of the St. Louis CYC Sports Association. The CYC runs four qualifying meets, followed by the CYC City/County Final Meet. Each CYC team competes in one qualifying meet. Top 6 finishers in each event move on to the final meet. The four qualifying meets have a combined 2000 kids competing.
The ICD track team also competes in 2 additional meets prior to the CYC qualifying meet. This gives kids an idea what track competition is all about. These meets also give coaches an idea which events are best for each child. Kids are expected to participate in at least 1 of the meets prior to the qualifying meets. Coaches use the results of these two meets to determine which events are best suited for kids to excel. The coaching staff will review these results, then determine which events each kid will enter at the qualifying meet.
CYC Track is a very demanding and competitive league. We hold practice sessions 3 days a week. If kids only practice once a week, it is very unlikely they will be competitive. Before you decide to sign up, make sure you can commit to making at least 2 training sessions a week, and make at least 2 meets prior to the CYC qualifying meet Saturday, May 22nd.
The track program seeks to achieve these goals:
• Maximize physical fitness though training 3 days a week
• Focus on self improvement, confidence and technique
• Establish a foundation for speed, agility and endurance
• Provide a safe environment for kids
Our program includes both boys and girls ages 6-15 (pre-high school). Track events include sprints, distance and various field events. Eligible youth include parishioners and non-parishioners as long as they live in the ICD parish boundaries. Age groups are based on the child’s age as of July 31st of the current year.
Age groups are as follows:
• 7 and Under
Events per age group are:
• 7 and under - 50m, 100, 200, softball throw and standing long jump
• 8/9 - 100m, 200, 400, 800, 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay, 4x400 relay, softball throw and running long jump
• 10/11 - 100m, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay, 4x400 relay, high jump, running long jump, and shot put
• 12/13 - 100m, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay, 4x400 relay, high jump, running long jump, and shot put
• 14/15 - 100m, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay, 4x400 relay, high jump, running long jump, and shot put
Registration starts Wednesday, January 15th, 20209 and ends Sunday, March 22nd. Cost per child is $35, which includes entry into all meets. If needed, you will be required to purchase a ICD track jersey from BSN Sports for $20. Track registration will also have a link to BSN Sports website. The team wears black running shorts. Any running shorts will work although you can also by one via the track jersey website.
Shop Now: https://www.bsnteamsports.com/shop/jxA7cp7XbB Store Open From: January 15 - March 5, 2020
Track season begins the week of March 16th and runs through May 16th. The team trains three days a week, if track time is available. We train at Fort Zumwalt West High School (working around their soccer & track season). Practice starts at 6pm and will last no more 1 hour 15 minutes in the beginning. We will train longer as sunlight allows. At times, if Fort Zumwalt West is not open on a scheduled training day, we will move to Fort Zumwalt South. Any last minute changes will be sent via e-mail, posted on Facebook, Team Website (under construction), or Google calendar. It is suggested you watch your emails regularly. We recognize families have multiple conflicts; participation in each practice is not mandatory, but highly suggested. More training means a better athlete.
During the CYC meets, athletes are limited to the number of events they can enter. The coaching staff will put kids in the events based on their results in the meets prior to the CYC qualifier. Kids can compete in four events, as long as one is a field event.
It cannot be stressed enough, if your kid qualifies for finals in any event, it is mandatory they make it to the championship meet on Saturday, May 16th!
The tentative track schedule is as follows:
• Wednesday, January 15th - Registration opens
• Thursday, February 27th - St Justin Room, Church lower level - Track meeting for first time Track parents. Meeting starts at 7pm sharp!
• Tuesday, March 3rd Parish Office Center lower level - Track meeting for first time Track parents. Meeting starts at 7pm sharp!
These meeting great for those signed up or thinking about joining the team. Come either date.
• Sunday, March 22nd - Registration closes
• Monday, March 16th - First day of training
Training and Meets:
Training: Starts Monday, March 16th at 6pm
Holy Redeemer Meet: Saturday, April 4th @ Moss Field in Webster Groves approx. time 9am - 3pm
St Peters Kirkwood Meet: Sunday, April 19th @ Vianney High School, approx. time 12 to 5pm
CYC Qualifying Meet: Saturday, May 2nd @ St Louis University High
CYC Finals: Saturday, May 16th @ DeSmet High School
Track updates are posted on Facebook regularly. See “ICD Track Team”
Tentative training schedule all at Fort Zumwalt West High School. Please see team Facebook page, team email and/or Google calendar for updates and last minute changes.
March 16, 18, 20, 23 ,25, 27 and 30th
April 1, 3, 6, 8, 13, 15, 16, 20, 22, 24, 28, 29th
May 1, 4, 6, 8, 11, 13, 14th
Other important dates to keep in mind:
• First Holy Communion - April 25th and May 9th
• Confirmation - May 16th (Same day as Track Finals) In previous years, 8th graders who quality for finals will try to work around their events and confirmation schedule. Last year we had a girls relay team who went to confirmation then made it the meet in time to win their 4 x 400 relay
All Track meets for the most part, are run by parent volunteers. Each team must provide volunteers to help run each meet. Typically ICD provides 8-10 parents at each meet. Volunteer positions such as bullpen, and relay judge. Parents are expected to volunteer!
If anyone is interested in coaching, please contact:
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org