The ICD Pro-Life Committee coordinates pro-life activities in our parish. These activities range from prayer, education, provision of real alternatives to abortion, and promotion of public policies which protect the right to life. The committee meets on the third Thursday of each month.
Our next committee meeting is scheduled for June 17th at 7pm (meetings are in the Parish Hall, South). All are welcome!
Upcoming events include
1) October 4, 2020 "Life Chain" Sunday, 2:00pm-3:00pm: we joined up with the Grace Community Church on Mexico Rd to 'stand up' and pray for preserving the sanctity of Life.
2) October 18th 2020 was the annual St. Louis Archdiocesan Respect Life Convention. Respect Life Convention book
3) October 24th was "ICD Day", as part of the Fall 2020 '40 Days for Life' campaign, when we prayed at the Planned Parenthood clinic on Lindell for an end to abortion. Thanks to all who participated in making this a success!!
4) October 27, 2020 Patriotic Rosary event @ 7:00pm (http://www.patrioticrosary.com/patriotic-rosary.html ), with music by the ICD Music ministry, as we prayed for the successful election on November 3rd of Pro-Life candidates to public office -- at every level of government: federal, state, and local.
5) Annual Roe v. Wade Memorial mass at the STL Cathedral Basilica on January 16th, 2021
6) "9 Days for Life" novena: January 21-29, 2021
7) the ICD "March for Life - Dardenne Prairie" and 'Rosary for Life' on January 22nd at 5:00pm was held on the sidewalk in front of the chapel.
8) Young Adult Pro-Life Holy Hour at the STL Cathdral Basilica at 7:00pm on January 28th.
9) National March for Life in Washington, DC on January 29th, 2021 was a virtual event this year due to COVID.
10) March 6th, 7am-7pm, was "ICD Day" as part of the 2021 spring '40 Days for Life' campaign at the Planned Parenthood clinic on Forest Park Ave. in St. Louis to pray for an end to abortion. We had 52 people sign up, including our Feb 28th parish sign-up day!
11) April 13th ICD hosted the bi-monthly STL Archdiocesan Respect Life Apostolate meeting for parish pro-life coordinators.
12) April 14th was the 2021 Midwest March for Life in Jeff City. In addition to pro-life legislators like Lt. Gov Mike Kehoe and Sen. Bob Onder, the featured speakers included Catherine Glenn Foster, CEO of Americans United for Life; Jeanne Mancini, President of National March for Life; Susan Klein, Exec Director & chief lobbyist of Missouri Citizens for Life; Bridget VanMeans, CEO of Thrive Nation; Brian Westbrook, Exec Director of Coalition for Life StL; Reagan Barklage, Regional Dir of Students for Life America, and more! It was a great day at the Capitol.
13) July 10th will be our next ICD pro-life mass in the main church (8:00am). We will be having a weekly "Rosary for the Unborn" every Saturday morning following the 8:00am mass.
14) ICD pro-life billboard: ran from April 11th thru May 11th off of I-64 westbound, just west of Hwy K (on the right). We had 2 displays in the digital billboard, every minute of every day for 30 consecutive days!
15) Mother's Day baby bottle drive: the weekend of May 8th & 9th at ICD, our pro-life committee honored our mother's with a baby bottle drive to benefit the Thrive Express Women's Healthcare pregnancy resource centers in St. Louis & St. Charles county. Thrive had one of their mobile vans in our parking lot after all masses, which has on-board an ultrasound machine to provide immediate assistance to mother's in need.
16) ICD annual picnic: the pro-life committee had a booth at the 2021 church picnic the weekend of June 4th thru 6th. We had great volunteer coverage for this big parish event!!
17) Come celebrate our 'Declaration of Independence' of our rights to Life & Liberty on June 30th at 7:00pm in the main church with another Patriotic Rosary, once again with music by our ICD Director or Music - Richard Buschard! http://www.patrioticrosary.com/patriotic-rosary.html