The ICD Pro-Life Committee coordinates pro-life activities in our parish. These activities range from prayer, education, provision of real alternatives to abortion, and promotion of public policies which protect the right to life. The committee meets on the third Thursday of each month.
Our next committee meeting is scheduled for September 16th at 7pm (meetings are in the Parish Hall, South). All are welcome!
Upcoming (or past) events include
1) March 6th, 7am-7pm, was "ICD Day" as part of the 2021 spring '40 Days for Life' campaign at the Planned Parenthood clinic on Forest Park Ave. in St. Louis to pray for an end to abortion. We had 52 people sign up, including our Feb 28th parish sign-up day!
2) April 13th ICD hosted the bi-monthly STL Archdiocesan Respect Life Apostolate meeting for parish pro-life coordinators.
3) April 14th was the 2021 Midwest March for Life in Jeff City. In addition to pro-life legislators like Lt. Gov Mike Kehoe and Sen. Bob Onder, the featured speakers included Catherine Glenn Foster, CEO of Americans United for Life; Jeanne Mancini, President of National March for Life; Susan Klein, Exec Director & chief lobbyist of Missouri Citizens for Life; Bridget VanMeans, CEO of Thrive Nation; Brian Westbrook, Exec Director of Coalition for Life StL; Reagan Barklage, Regional Dir of Students for Life America, and more! It was a great day at the Capitol.
4) ICD pro-life billboard: ran from April 11th thru May 11th off of I-64 westbound, just west of Hwy K (on the right). We had 2 displays in the digital billboard, every minute of every day for 30 consecutive days!
5) Mother's Day baby bottle drive: the weekend of May 8th & 9th at ICD, our pro-life committee honored our mother's with a baby bottle drive to benefit the Thrive Express Women's Healthcare pregnancy resource centers in St. Louis & St. Charles county. Thrive had one of their mobile vans in our parking lot after all masses, which has on-board an ultrasound machine to provide immediate assistance to mother's in need.
6) ICD annual picnic: the pro-life committee had a booth at the 2021 church picnic the weekend of June 4th thru 6th. We had great volunteer coverage for this big parish event!!
7) Celebrated our 'Declaration of Independence' of our rights to Life & Liberty on June 30th at 7:00pm in the main church with another Patriotic Rosary, once again with music by our ICD Director of Music - Richard Buschard! It was beautiful (even without lights...)
8) On July 10th, the ICD Pro-Life Committee and members of the ICD Youth Group jointly hosted a "Pilgrimage of Prayer" at the Planned Parenthood Clinic in Fairview Heights, Ill. After the monthly pro-life mass and the weekly Rosary for the Unborn that morning, we had a caravan of people who joined in this important time of prayer -- directly where the unborn are at most risk!
9) Starting on July 6th (next is October 5th), the ICD Pro-Life Committee is encouraging parishioners to join us in a once-a-month hour of Adoration at the ICD Chapel to pray for an increase in respect for all Life! This will occur the 1st Tuesday of each month, from 11:00am-12:00pm.
10) October 9th will be our next ICD monthly Pro-Life mass in the Main church at 8:00am. We are also having a weekly Rosary for the Unborn after every Saturday morning mass (8:30am).
11) September 20th, 2021 ICD "Roe v. Wade Movie Night" - is being re-scheduled for another date (still to be determined).
12) October 3rd, 2021 will be our annual "Life Chain" Sunday in O'Fallon 2:00pm-3:00pm: in front of the Grace Community Church on Mexico Rd to 'stand up' and pray for preserving the sanctity of Life.
13) '40 Days for Life' Fall 2021 campaign "ICD Day" is set for October 16th between 7:00am-7:00pm in front of the Planned Parenthood clinic on Forest Park Ave (just a few blocks from the St Louis Cathedral). Sign-up information is forthcoming.
14) October 17th, 2021 is the STL Respect Life Annual Convention at the Ritz Carlton in Clayton. Keynote speaker will be Archbishop Naumann, along with Catherine Glenn Foster (CEO of Americans United for Life). Register at 2021 Respect Life Convention (regfox.com)
15) November 9th, 2021 will be our next ICD Patriotic Rosary Prayers & music event, at 7:00pm in the Main church. This is scheduled to remember and pray for our ICD vets, with Veterans Day on November 11th. Once again, we will be blessed with beautiful patriotic hymns performed and sung by our ICD Music Director, Mr. Richard Buschard! ALL ARE INVITED...