The ICD Pro-Life Committee coordinates pro-life activities in our parish. These activities range from prayer, education, provision of real alternatives to abortion, and promotion of public policies which protect pregnant mother's and their unborn child. The committee meets on the third Thursday of each month.
Our next committee meeting is scheduled for August 17th, 2023 at 7pm. Our meetings are held in the Parish Hall South. All pro-lifers are welcome!
For mother's needing help with an unplanned pregnancy, there are many great resources available (Walking with Mom's). For those who have suffered a child loss, you should access the new ICD webpage for information and help regarding matters of reproductive and child loss healing and help https://www.icdparish.org/Organizations/Reproductive-Loss-Ministry.
On Wednesday afternoon, March 8th, a newly established campaign committee, “Missourians for Constitutional Freedom,” (MCF) filed 11 Initiative Petitions with the Missouri Secretary of State’s office. MCF is a St. Louis based committee. These IP’s seek to enshrine a 'right to abortion' up to the point of birth in the Missouri Constitution. It is our understanding that campaign committees file multiple petitions and move forward with the petition that their polling indicates includes language that most Missourians support. The SoS comment period is now closed.
Key Points on Proposed Initiative Petitions (#2024-077 through #2024-087) from Missouri Right to Life (MRL):
1. Missouri has long been a state working to protect women and unborn babies by developing and funding programs such as Alternatives to Abortion and Show-Me Healthy Babies.
2. After a baby is born, Missouri cares for women with health insurance programs such as MoHealthNet and Show-Me Healthy Babies.
3. Missouri currently does not prosecute women for abortion and does not plan to do so. Missouri has a strong history of supporting women and their unborn babies.
4. All innocent human life has intrinsic value and we oppose abortion at every stage of development, from inception of biological development to after the baby is born, through natural death.
5. We continue to stand with the Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act (HB126) which became effective after the Supreme Court of the United States overruled Roe v. Wade, making abortion unlawful in Missouri except in cases of medical emergency as defined in statute.
6. Oppose IP # (2024-077 through 2024-087) for the following reasons:
• The IP legalizes abortion up to the point of birth.
• The IP nullifies current Missouri laws that protect pregnant women and their unborn babies.
• The IP allows taxpayer funding of abortion.
• The IP uses misleading language to deceive voters to undermine current laws and protections for women and babies.
• The IP legalizes any non-medical person to perform or induce an abortion on another person.
Upcoming (or past) pro-life events include
1) April 13th, 2021 ICD hosted the bi-monthly STL Archdiocesan Respect Life Apostolate meeting for parish pro-life coordinators.
2) April 14th was the 2021 Midwest March for Life in Jeff City. In addition to pro-life legislators like Lt. Gov Mike Kehoe and Sen. Bob Onder, the featured speakers included Catherine Glenn Foster, CEO of Americans United for Life; Jeanne Mancini, President of National March for Life; Susan Klein, Exec Director & chief lobbyist of Missouri Citizens for Life; Bridget VanMeans, CEO of Thrive Nation; Brian Westbrook, Exec Director of Coalition for Life StL; Reagan Barklage, Regional Dir of Students for Life America, and more! It was a great day at the Capitol.
3) ICD pro-life billboard: ran from April 11th thru May 11th of 2021 off of I-64 westbound, just west of Hwy K (on the right). We had 2 displays in the digital billboard, every minute of every day for 30 consecutive days!
4) Mother's Day baby bottle drive: the weekend of May 8th & 9th, 2021 at ICD, our pro-life committee honored our mother's with a baby bottle drive to benefit the Thrive Express Women's Healthcare pregnancy resource centers in St. Louis & St. Charles county. Thrive had one of their mobile vans in our parking lot after all masses, which has on-board an ultrasound machine to provide immediate assistance to mother's in need.
5) Celebrated our 'Declaration of Independence' of our rights to Life & Liberty on June 30th, 2021 at 7:00pm in the main church with another Patriotic Rosary, once again with music by our ICD Director of Music! It was beautiful (even without lights...)
6) On July 10th, 2021 the ICD Pro-Life Committee and members of the ICD Youth Group jointly hosted a "Pilgrimage of Prayer" at the Planned Parenthood Clinic in Fairview Heights, Ill. After the monthly pro-life mass and the weekly Rosary for the Unborn that morning, we had a caravan of people who joined in this important time of prayer -- directly where the unborn are at most risk!
7) October 3rd, 2021 was our annual "Life Chain" Sunday in O'Fallon 2:00pm-3:00pm: in front of the Grace Community Church on Mexico Rd to 'stand up' and pray for preserving the sanctity of Life. Approximately 120 to 140 people participated in this prayer event!
8) Oct 9th, 2022 was our "ICD Day" for the Fall 2022 '40 Days for Life' campaign in front of the Planned Parenthood clinic on Forest Park Ave (just a few blocks from the St Louis Cathedral Basilica). It was a beautiful day, and a solid turn-out of ICD parishioners (including our new Youth Minister and several high schoolers!).
9) October 17th, 2021 was the STL Respect Life Annual Convention at the Ritz Carlton in Clayton. Keynote speakers included Archbishop Naumann, along with Catherine Glenn Foster (CEO of Americans United for Life).
10) November 7th, 2022 was our most recent ICD Patriotic Rosary Prayers & music event, at 7:00pm in the Main church. This one was specifically focused on remembering and praying for our ICD vets, with Veterans Day coming on November 11th; but it was also the evening before the 2022 general elections. Once again, we were blessed with beautiful patriotic hymns performed and sung by our ICD Music Director, Tina Bishop (along with Mayor Gotway's wife, Chris)!
11) June 6th, 2023 (started in July 2021), the ICD Pro-Life Committee is encouraging parishioners to join us in a once-a-month hour of Adoration at the ICD Chapel to pray for an increase in respect for all Life! This will occur the 1st Tuesday of each month, from 11:00am-12:00pm
12) June 10th, 2023 will be our next ICD monthly Pro-Life mass in the Chapel at 8:00am. We are also having a weekly Rosary for the Unborn after every Saturday morning mass (8:30am).
13) January 14, 2023 was the FIRST St. Louis Archdiocesan 'Celebration of Life' Mass at the Cathedral Basilica to celebrate the June 24, 2022 overturn of Roe v. Wade, and to continue to pray for an end to abortion throughout America.
14) January 19-27, 2023 was our annual "9 Day Novena for Life" as recommended by the USCCB. All ICD parishioners (individuals as well as their families) were encouraged to say these brief daily prayers & read the reflections to pray for greater respect for Life (www.usccb.org/resources/9-days-life-novena).
15) January 19-20, 2023 was the annual USCCB National Prayer Vigil, live-streamed from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC on the eve of the annual March for Life. This event began with a Chaplet of Divine Mercy, then mass from the Basilica, and then holy hours from D.C. and across the country (throughout the night).
16) January 19th, 2023 at 5:00pm was our annual ICD "March & Rosary for Life" in front of the ICD Chapel. Fr. Lampe lead us in the closing rosary.
17) March 8, 2023 was this year's Missouri Right to Life's "Pro-Life Action Day". We met at the state capitol in Jefferson City to encourage our state legislators to pass pro-life legislation.
18) April 16, 2023 was Our Lady's Inn annual "Angel Gala" at Old Warson CC.
19) April 26, 2023 was the annual Midwest March for Life in Jefferson City.
20) April 29, 2023 was the annual "March to the Arch", sponsored by Coalition Life (St. Louis).
21) March 26, 2022 was ICD Day as part of the spring '40 Days for Life' campaign -- from 7am to 7pm in front of the LAST Planned Parenthood clinic in Missouri on Forest Park Ave (just a few blocks from the Cathedral Basilica)! Thanks for the great turn-out!!! We had all 3 of our priests there plus one deacon, and many parishioners came with their families (lots of children is always the perfect witness for LIFE).
22) May 13-14, 2023 was our recent Mother's Day Rose sale at ICD! In 2022 we sold out of roses - and again in 2023!! (but made LOTS of mothers very happy).
23) May 15, 2022 ICD "Roe v. Wade" movie day, 2:00pm-4:30pm in the Parish Hall South was also a big success (with 60 to 70 people attending the movie). A special guest speaker opened this event, Jasha McQueen. Jasha is a member of the Missouri Right to Life board, as well as an amazing pro-life attorney who has been specializing in legal cases to save "frozen embryos" from destruction. She has done legal work for this film's producer (Nick Loeb), and even has a minor role in this movie!
24) May 20th, 2023 8:00am "Pro-Life Mass" at the STL Cathedral Basilica, with ICD's Fr. Lampe as the presiding priest for mass was followed by a rosary.
25) May 21st, 2023 will be our 1st annual Service Ministries Coffee & Donuts event at ICD! The Pro-Life, and Reproductive & Child Loss Healing, ministries are participating in this, including staffing informational tables about our ministries. PLEASE ATTEND, and stop by our tables.
26) June 2nd-4th, 2023 will (once again) be the annual ICD Picnic!! The pro-life committee will have our booth at the event, as usual, that will be shared with the ICD 'Reproductive & Child Loss Healing' ministry. Volunteers are needed!
27) June 28th, 2022 at 7:00pm was our most recent Patriotic Rosary in the Main church. It's a beautiful rosary event praying for all 50 states and our government officials. We were lead in the singing of classic patriotic hymns by our new ICD music director, Tina Bishop! All were invited to come pray for our country, and thank God for our blessings (including family & friends!).
28) September 7, 2023 will be the Missouri Right to Life annual dinner event at the St. Charles Convention Center. Special guest and keynote speaker this year will be Jim Caviezel who played the very challenging role of Jesus in the 2004 movie "Passion of the Christ", and will soon be filming the sequel "The Resurrection". Cardinal Raymond Burke will be there as well. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!!!!! Registration opens on June 15, 2023.
29) Sept 30, 2023 will be the next annual Thrive Nation dinner event at the St. Charles Convention Center. As usual, these are spectacular!
30) October 1, 2023 will be the annual Life Chain Sunday prayer event in O'Fallon.
31) October 15, 2022 was the annual Respect Life Apostolate pro-life convention at the Sheraton Westport that featured OUTSTANDING speakers from around the country (eg. Angela Minter - founder of Sisters for Life, Lisa Rowe - CEO of Support After Abortion, Dr. Kathleen Berchelmann - founder of MyCatholicDoctor, Jasha McQueen - founder of Embryo Defense Fund, as well as the keynote speaker Karen Gaffney - founder of her own foundation dedicated to championing the cause of people born with Downs Syndrome, like herself (who was the 1st person with DS to swim the English Channel, Lake Tahoe, and so much more)! It was an incredible day of information...and inspiration.
32) October 27, 2022 was the most recent Vitae Foundation dinner in St. Charles featuring Abby Johnson. As usual, it was incredibly powerful! The most recent Vitae Dinner in St. Louis was on April 11th at the Hilton Frontenac with the featured speaker being Kevin Sorbo, actor in the Hercules series, and the 2014 hit movie God's Not Dead.