The ICD Pro-Life Committee coordinates pro-life activities in our parish. These activities range from prayer, education, provision of real alternatives to abortion, and promotion of public policies which protect the right to life. The committee meets on the third Thursday of each month.
Our next committee meeting is scheduled for February 18th at 7pm (meetings are in the Social Hall, South). All are welcome!
Upcoming events include
1) October 4th "Life Chain" Sunday, 2:00pm-3:00pm: we joined up with the Grace Community Church on Mexico Rd to 'stand up' and pray for preserving the sanctity of Life.
2) October 18th 2020 was the annual St. Louis Archdiocesan Respect Life Convention. Respect Life Convention book
3) October 24th was "ICD Day", as part of the Fall 2020 '40 Days for Life' campaign, when we prayed at the Planned Parenthood clinic on Lindell for an end to abortion. Thanks to all who participated in making this a success!!
4) October 27th Patriotic Rosary event @ 7:00pm (http://www.patrioticrosary.com/patriotic-rosary.html ), with music by the ICD Music ministry, as we prayed for the successful election on November 3rd of Pro-Life candidates to public office -- at every level of government: federal, state, and local.
5) Annual Roe v. Wade Memorial mass at the STL Cathedral Basilica on January 16th, 2021
6) "9 Days for Life" novena: January 21-29, 2021 (see ICD bulletin for details)
7) the ICD "March for Life - Dardenne Prairie" and 'Rosary for Life' on January 22nd at 5:00pm was held on the sidewalk in front of the chapel.
8) Young Adult Pro-Life Holy Hour at the STL Cathdral Basilica at 7:00pm on January 28th; Brian Westbrook from Coalition for Life will speak.
9) National March for Life in Washington, DC on January 29th, 2021 is now a virtual event; sign up through the Respect Life Apostolate's website.
10) February 13th will be our next monthly ICD pro-life mass in the main church (8:00am)